The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Illustration Art


David Apatoff, a knowledgeable connoisseur and avid fan of all kinds of art who runs the blog Illustration Art, found a piece I did for the Washington Post Weekend section back in 1996 and says some awfully nice things about it. David's blog features work by a wide range of excellent artists & illustrators and is always worth reading and staring at lovingly. I'm honored to be there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserve it.

Jeff P said...

I love that blog, but hadn't visited it in months.

And David's right about you, sir. Your scratchy style brings joys to a million eyes. Or a million and one, if someone's wearing an eye patch.

David Apatoff said...

Thanks for the shout out, Richard. I think the consensus is that if anything, I understated the case. John Cuneo, who I think speaks the same language of line as you but comes from the darker end of the spectrum, recently weighed in with a comment about your work which I thought was far more insightful than my original post. You have a lot of fans out there.