The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Monday, July 2, 2012

More Restaurant Closings

After three sweltering days without power I feel like closing some restaurants. Especially since the power came back on but the air conditioner didn't.
Note: the joke about the Starbucks-inside-a-Starbucks also appeared in the Onion about a year after I did this. Not that there's a chance in hell that the Onion swiped it from me. Some jokes are inevitable. But I got there first!

5 comments:

Washington Cube said...

I need to be hanging at Starbucks (squared) since I've had no cable since....let's ALL call Comcast (a giant shadow) and find out. ~ Washington Cube

pq said...

Oh no! I hope your A/C is fixed ASAP. we just got our power back yesterday afternoon, and there are no words to express the relief. (The dogs are still recovering from the weekend's trauma.)

Neil J Murphy said...

The local chain of P.J. Piehole's just has no luck in your town, does it?

Mister Fweem said...

At least Frank's Family Foodpile (Motto: Lots of food and plenty of it) is still open . . .

gilda92 said...

Good thing Petey had never been to P.J. Piehole's! Or is he the reason it had to close?