The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Monday, September 10, 2012

A Harvey


On Saturday night Cul de Sac won the Harvey Award for Best Syndicated Strip. I couldn't make it to the awards banquet in Baltimore so the indefatigable Chris Sparks picked it up for me. And I'm told he was funny, gracious and well-spoken. Plus he wore his traffic cone shirt!




Thanks, Chris! Photos courtesy of Mr. Bruce Guthrie.

9 comments:

H.V.Lukas said...

Congratulations!

diego ceresa said...

Great news, indeed, Richard. You're the number one!

John Schutt said...

Congratulations again, Richard!
Thank you for all that you've done to put smiles on our faces.

Sisyphos said...

Yay, Richard! Love Cul de Sac and the Otterloop Family. Wish you all the best!

carl craig said...

well deserved . i wish i had a shirt like that

Mike Rhode said...

Post your acceptance remarks! And the Ignatz ones too!

Rodneylives said...

I've been reading through old Cul de Sac strips on gocomics. I hate to think the strip is just *ending* and we'll never see Alice and Petey again. I'm having Calvin and Hobbes flashbacks all over again. *Please* say you'll find some say to continue, maybe not as a periodic comic strip but maybe as a graphic novel, or something?

pq said...

I now own every one of you books, Richard, and will cherich everything you've ever written and drawn for us. Getting very verklempt knowing that Cul de Sac is almost at an end. Best of luck with your treatments, and I hope you'll still be visiting with us here on your blog.

Unknown said...

I haven't seen the traffic cone shirt in person...but I'm sure it's a stunner!!! Congrats on your Harvey!